CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 22, 2009

This is what the kids and I did while Devin was gone. We went to Thomas Edison Charter School Talent show, where the kids played their instruments. Conrad played Allegretto by Suzuki and Traeden played Whoop de Do. They both did a great job. I was happy that all the kids actually sat and listened to all the talents. Samantha towards the end got up to get close to the MC's sparkly purple dress. She wanted to touch it. One of the things I love about the charter school is the closeness I feel to the other families being a smaller school. Everyone is so nice and helpful. The principal was there and interacted with all of my kids. He is very supportive of all the extra curricular events. Afterward we went to Tyler Vance's Art exhibit. This was an amazing masters project. He is a friend of ours. In the picture you can see the kids munching on the yummy refreshments they had at the art show. If you want to see more about his project work visit his blog. It was really neat to see it up close and personal. The food Shanell (his wife) prepared and arranged was also scrumptious. She should get a degree for the work she did to support him! She made Baklava, English toffee, caramels, crackers and cheese, pork, veggies, fruits. I can't even name everything. It was my dinner for the night. Yum Yummy! I let the kids stay up late so they could say hi to Grandma and Grandpa when they came home that night.

Saturday, Devin built me another planter bed in the garden. This one is for raspberries we are going to plant next Saturday. I need to get some good dirt for the beds this week. Then we went to the Temple to do sealings with my family. It was neat because the sealer recognized our last name and asked if we new a missionary that served in Europe. He was David's temple president! What a spiritual man he was. Afterward we went to the Indian Oven for dinner. That was an authentic experience.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Glad you guys had a good weekend. What kind of raspberries are you going to plant? Do you remember the black rasberry bush we had. It started to take over so I pulled it out. ( I don't think we took care of it very well) Now every year they pop up , I cut them back but they just never die. That is awesome that the sealer recognized your name and made the connection.

Tyler Vance said...

Thanks for the mention. I love raspberries.

overlyactive said...

We are going to do Cambie raspberries. These are the ones Devin had in Montanta growing up. I'll be doing jam every year. Yum!

Shanell said...

Thank you for coming to Ty's reception!! It was fun to watch you figure out the "mystery" to his work. =)
I was remembering one of the first times that we got to know you and your family at a BBQ at your home. I am grateful for great friends like you who set such a good example. I love that you love life, and I love that we get to do stuff with our families.
I love indian food, too! I am telling you, give me some vegetable masala and some naan and I am one happy camper. Have you tried Tandori Oven? (Ty and I like it better than Indian Oven)