CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Traeden's Talk

Traeden gave a talk today in church. His grandpa T. helped him write it while Devin and I were at the dress rehearsal for the John Rutter concert. He did a great job and I thought it would be great to have on record.

My talk is about family prayer. My family tries to have family prayer each morning and evening. One family prayer I especially remember was when my mom had the flu for a week. We all took turns praying for her to get better. She got better and we thanked Heavenly Father for that blessing. Jesus told the people in the Book of Mormon, "Pray in your families unto the Father, always in my name that your wives and your children may be blessed." I know that prayer is a true principle of the gospel because it blessed my mom.


My parents were so sweet to help us out yesterday. Grandpa even helped Traeden build a birdhouse out of their left over decking material. This is one of his scout requirements. Traeden has had two grandpa's help with scouting and it's such a blessing.

The concert last night was so fun. We had a lot of music to learn and we had an intense week of practices. Thankfully we have some great friends and neighbors who helped watch our kids. I sure love John Rutter's music. Some of the music I have sung before in high school. One of the songs, "The Lord Bless you and Keep you" I especially remember because I had a small ensemble sing it for Solo and Ensemble. We practiced so hard for that. It was fun to sing it again and remember the good old times. We even sang a few of his Christmas pieces. I love the "Candlelight Carol". There were many touching points in the concert when it was hard to keep back the tears. The music is filled with God and Love that the spirit can't help but fill the room and hearts of those who hear and sing.

I have joined the 'No cell phone club'. So far we have about four members of our club. It can be inconvenient at times but I really have enjoyed not worrying about losing my phone, or always being in reach when I'm not at home. So if you ever need to call me, just call at home and leave a message and I'll be sure to call you back. If it's long distance I have to wait till Devin gets home because we don't have long distance at home. Let me know if you want to join the club we are always accepting members. =)

Have a peaceful sabbath!


1 comment:

Sandra said...

No one but Danika, Kevin and my twin sister ever call me on my cell so I don't find annoying to be called. I think I told you that we are on the pay as you go plan so their are no commitments. I'm glad you had a good time at the concert. Thats a good idea to write their talks down. I've kept some, because the kids drew their own pictures for it but some I just have them take the gospel art pictures. Hope you have a great week!