CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Jazz Game Surprise

For Valentines Day I told Devin he had to wait because he would be getting his present a little late.  I had an awesome friend get us tickets for the Jazz and Spurs game on Presidents day.  I told him we had plans that night but didn't tell him what it was and until the day he had no idea what I had planned.  That morning the radio talked about the game that night and he started thinking that might be the plan but still not sure.  I had my parents watch the kids and we got dinner at Crown Burger and parked there.  We had such a great time.  The game was awesome.  I packed Devin's Spur's jersey and I borrowed my friends Jazz shirt.  The Jazz almost won so the game was pretty exciting.
This weekend Conrad had a violin solo to perform for judges at a Festival.  He was nervous and it was a really good experience for him since this was the first time to be adjudicated.  He did a nice job.  We are working on getting him to play with more emotion and dynamics.  He was a little too nervous to worry about the dynamics but he did very well on all the notes and rhythms.  It's really fun to be the supportive mom but I get so nervous for my children.  I know how hard they have worked and I have heard their songs on their best notes and on their worst.  It's just so great to see the improvement they have made.
Conrad is turning 9 years old this week and he is so excited for his birthday.  We had a little family party for him tonight.  I was reading a letter I had wrote him when he was five years old just last week and I was so surprised at how much I knew about him and how much he is still the same.  I told him that he has a big imagination.  That he is caring and loves to make people happy.  He has a beautiful and quick smile.  He is a good friend to his sister and brother and makes friends easily.  I told him that he is very smart and remembers many things for a long time with great details.  He is an excellent musician and is willing to do hard things on his violin.  He is a good reader, tender hearted and has a fun sense of humor.  He loves life and we love him.  I could write him a letter today and it would still be about the same.  I'm so proud of Conrad and happy he is in our family.
Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Glad you guys had a fun time...wow Conrad is nine???How did that happen :)

Shanell said...

Yay, Conrad! Ty said you guys made him a killer LEGO table, we have been wanting to make one too but are waiting until after we move.